Sunday, June 8, 2008

My next project

I have given careful thought of what I want to attack next. In the end, the decision seems pretty obvious.

For the last few months, I have been working on making things for a very local cause. Now, I want to do something for a cause in every single state.

I need your help with this...if you have a cause in your state that is particularly close to your heart, let me know and I will gladly support it.

In this day and age of the internet, the old phrase "not in my backyard" has changed. Surely your country is now your backyard.

I'm calling this project Crafting the Nation.

So here is a list of the states. Help me find a cause in each one.

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona: Ninjasezzy preemie drive
Arkansas
California: Twizittles local oncology ward drive
Colorado
Connecticut: Salvation Army w/Priscilla's Guild
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois: Greater Chicago Ferret Association
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan: South Oakland Shelter
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska: Robyn's preemie hat drive
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina: Newborns in Need
North Dakota
Ohio: Items made and donated for a local homeless women's shelter
Oklahoma: Crosh-aid
Oregon: Baby Love Blanket Drive
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota: Pretty Bird Woman House
Tennessee
Texas: Prayer shawls for Crazigriffen's mom's church
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming: Homeless Coalition

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Checked up on your thoughts/question about the donations to Red Scarf Project and found on their website it's the same as it's been for the last couple of years, 5 per person. In the first couple of years I donated about 20 and helped her with getting the word out,(as did many others) as the were close to the deadline and still pretty short on the goal. Things ended up great. The Knitting and Crocheting forums and blogs came to the rescue and from then on it's been quite a success and they set the 5 per person limit. What a nice problem to have, to get more than you need...too bad all our charities don't have those issues.

I often get emails from the gal in charge with updates, and haven't yet heard the 5 will be cut down to 2. If I do, will sing out.

Have a great day
Sandy

Candy said...

Hi Margie, I saw your post on 25 Things and see that you do not have anything listed for Georgia yet. I would be honored if you would donated to Emmazing Grace. www.emmazinggracefoundation.org We're having our annual donation drive right now and with each donation you're entered into a prize drawing at the end. Thanks! Candy